You’ll discover the phrases “easy” and “simple” so much on Go Dairy Free, as a result of that’s how we roll. I don’t imagine good dairy-free meals must be sophisticated or overly time consuming, and this almond milk custard is proof. It’s made with 4 primary elements for a candy that’s not solely scrumptious, however downright healthful. We initially shared this recipe in 2007, however are giving the submit an replace!
Almond Milk Custard is a Wholesome Paleo Dessert made Candy with Honey
We initially shared this pattern recipe from Sandra Ramacher’s ebook Healing Foods: Cooking for Celiacs, Colitis, Crohn’s and IBS again when it was first printed. She has since launched a second version, so I’m updating this submit, and the recipe. Her ebook is predicated on the Particular Carbohydrate Food plan, and there are some recipes that use dairy. However most are both dairy-free, like this almond milk custard, or the dairy is non-obligatory.
Sandra doesn’t add any salt to her almond milk custard, however we like so as to add a pinch. It’s as much as you – I simply suppose it helps convey the flavors collectively. However permitting the custard to sit back within the fridge for just a few hours additionally helps all the pieces meld. Prime it with contemporary fruit to make the entire dessert pop!
Particular Food plan Notes: Almond Milk Custard
By elements, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
Almond Milk Custard
Writer: Tailored from Therapeutic Meals
Recipe sort: Dessert
- 2 cups dairy-free almond milk
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raisins (non-obligatory)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Place 6 single-serve ramekins in a baking dish, and fill the baking dish with water reaching half manner up the skin of the ramekins.
- In a medium pot, whisk collectively the almond milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Place over medium warmth and prepare dinner for 1 minute, whisking, however don’t boil.
- Take away from the warmth and evenly divide the combination between the ramekins.
- Rigorously switch the baking dish to your oven (you do not wish to spill any water!), and bake for 45 minutes, or till the tops of the custards begin to really feel agency.
- Take away from the oven and place the custards into the fridge for at the least 3 hours earlier than serving.