Going meatless a number of instances every week is an effective way to cut back saturated fat and hormones from meat in your food plan. The chickpeas and quinoa on this hearty and satisfying soup provide eight grams of protein to fulfill your starvation and enhance your metabolism by constructing muscle. This recipe makes six servings, sufficient to freeze and save for a fast lunch one other day.
Prepare dinner time: 40 minutes
You will want
- 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- 1 cup sliced halved carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32-ounce carton unsalted vegetable inventory or reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added
petite diced or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can of no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup raw quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced (1 1/3 cups)
- Mild bitter cream, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and/or chopped contemporary cilantro (non-obligatory)
- In a Dutch oven, warmth oil over medium-high. Add carrots, bell pepper, onion, and garlic; prepare dinner and stir 4 minutes.
- Rigorously add the subsequent 11 components (via black pepper). Deliver to boiling; scale back warmth. Cowl and simmer 20 minutes or till carrots are simply tender.
- Add zucchini; prepare dinner 5 to 7 minutes extra or till crisp-tender. If desired, prime every serving with bitter cream, cheese, and/or cilantro.
diet per serving: 227 energy, 4 g fats (0 g saturated fats), 412 mg sodium, 9 g sugar, 9 g fiber, 8 g protein
For extra wholesome consuming information, be certain that to sign up for our newsletter!
Eat This, Not That! Editors