Come out to Skaha Seashore this weekend to see some critical CrossFit competitors.
The eighth annual Okanagan Valley Throwdown (OVT) was scheduled to happen on the SOEC in 2020. The occasion, like many others, was postponed for 2 years as a result of pandemic and the organizers are excited to lastly convey it to life.
“We have been solely every week out from internet hosting OVT when all the things was shutdown for the pandemic. It was an enormous hit,” stated Lyndie Hill, occasion organizer from Hoodoo Journey Firm.
“With all of the restrictions for indoor occasions, particularly health venues, we have now had a tough time rescheduling however we wished to make it possible for we may pull by way of for the athletes who’ve been ready for years to compete. We needed to decide months in the past to finalize the venue and determined that, on the time, exterior was our most secure guess.”
The occasion has partnered up with Seashore Metropolis CrossFit at Barefoot Seashore Resort, beginning the primary Skaha Seashore Throwdown within the Throwdown Collection.
“We now in all probability have probably the most distinctive venue within the historical past of purposeful health competitions, which we’re very enthusiastic about,” Hill added.
The competitors will host practically 200 athletes from round Western Canada, with occasions at each the seaside and at Play Vineyard, the place they’ll compete in a weight lifting exercise overlooking the winery.
The Competitors will happen Saturday and Sunday as follows:
- Occasion #1 – Barefoot Seashore
- 7-8:30am *Particular person Males I 8:30-10am *Particular person Females I 10-11:30am *Groups
- Occasion #2 – Barefoot Seashore
- 12-1:30pm *Particular person Males I 1:30-3pm *Particular person Females I 3-4:30pm *Groups
- Occasion # 3 – Play Property Vineyard
- 4:30-5:30pm *Particular person Males I 5:30-6:30pm *Particular person Females I 7:30-8:30pm *Groups
- Occasion # 4 – Barefoot Seashore
- 8-9:15am *Particular person Males I 9:15-10:30am *Particular person Females I 10:30am-12pm *Groups
- Occasion #5 – Barefoot Seashore Finals
- 12pm-3pm – All will compete on this WOD with decrease scores competing first.
- 2-4pm – Prime 8 in every class to compete for prime 3 spots.
- 4:30pm – Award Ceremony
Spectating the occasion is by donation to the Youth Outside Recreation Society and may be carried out from the vineyard, the seaside or from your individual non-public dock on the lake, run by GEO Docks.
Meals and health distributors shall be onsite.
Gates open at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday and seven:30 a.m. Sunday.
For extra info, go to the Throwdown Series website here.